Thursday, November 19, 2015

Goodbye Pork Pie Hat...

Sold the Shovelhead a couple months ago. Honestly, I thought I'd miss it more considering how much work I did to her, but I don't, really. It was a great bike, got lots of positive comments and admiring stares, but honestly, big twins are heavy, cumbersome, and good for straight lines and interstate freeways. Thats not a bad thing, but I guess I like smaller, more nimble bikes. Namely, Sportsters! I love them, always have. My girlfriend said to me as the shovel was riding away "Oh well, you're a Sportster guy anyway." I've owned 5 of them, and regretted selling all of them (except the '72 CH, which gave me a permanent limp, haha!). I love the more "standard" stance and aesthetics of old Ironheads. They look more purposeful to me. So, I sold the Shovel and bought a low miles 1998 Ford Ranger. I don't regret the decision one bit, but my '99 Sporty, although perfectly reliable, doesn't fill the void in my soul like a classic ironhead sportster. Hmmm, a guy emailed me about a trading a '72 XLH with extra parts bike for my old '66 F250...

No comments:

Post a Comment